Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1

PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1

От
Chean Fonk Joe Thong
Дата:
Hi to all,

Currently I'm trying to upgrade my PostgreSQL from 6.5
to 7.0.2 with rpm files on my Redhat 6.1 with Glibc
2.1.3.  The installation won't continue because RPM
Manager told me that I need libc.so.6 (>= GLIBC 2.2).

I've two questions:
I forced the installation with no deps, when starting
the postgresql server with the following command:
/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
The script told me that I've an old version of
PostgreSQL.  How should I solve this problem?

How do I install GLIBC 2.2 onto my Redhat?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Joe

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1

От
"Martin A. Marques"
Дата:
El Vie 26 Ene 2001 17:02, Chean Fonk Joe Thong escribió:
> Hi to all,
>
> Currently I'm trying to upgrade my PostgreSQL from 6.5
> to 7.0.2 with rpm files on my Redhat 6.1 with Glibc
> 2.1.3.  The installation won't continue because RPM
> Manager told me that I need libc.so.6 (>= GLIBC 2.2).

I have postgresql-7.0.3 on a redhat with glibc-2.1.1, installed from rpms.
Where did you get your postgres rpm from? Try getting the scr.rpm and
recompile them (It's very easy).

> I've two questions:
> I forced the installation with no deps, when starting
> the postgresql server with the following command:
> /rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
> The script told me that I've an old version of
> PostgreSQL.  How should I solve this problem?

That OK, and it's because you didn't read the fine manuals. There is a part
that talks about upgrading with rpms.

> How do I install GLIBC 2.2 onto my Redhat?

It's not necesary.

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.

Re: PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1

От
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Дата:
Chean Fonk Joe Thong <joe_thong@yahoo.com> writes:

> Currently I'm trying to upgrade my PostgreSQL from 6.5
> to 7.0.2 with rpm files on my Redhat 6.1 with Glibc
> 2.1.3.  The installation won't continue because RPM
> Manager told me that I need libc.so.6 (>= GLIBC 2.2).

You need to get the ones for Red Hat Linux 6.x, not the ones for Red
Hat Linux 7 or Rawhide.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.