Обсуждение: Help me please!! -newbie-

Help me please!! -newbie-

От
"[Bad-Knees]"
Дата:
Anyone got a solution for this error:
----
initdb: pg_encoding failed

Perhaps you did not configure PostgreSQL for multibyte support or
the program was not successfully installed.

---
Here's what i wrote:

---
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/postgresql --enable-locale\
--enable-multibyte --with-odbc --with-tcl

make
make install
--

Everything should be ok, so..

HELP!!

..if it aint broke, tweak it.

Re: Help me please!! -newbie-

Дата:
"[Bad-Knees]" <a.olsen@nordcon.fo> writes:
> Anyone got a solution for this error:
> initdb: pg_encoding failed

Is your PATH pointing at the right set of Postgres executables?
I think that would happen if initdb finds a 'postgres' in PATH
that doesn't have pg_encoding along with it, which would happen
if that version weren't compiled with multibyte support...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Help me please!! -newbie-

От
""
Дата:
Make sure you are logged onto the 'postgre' user account!