Обсуждение: selects / joins across db's

selects / joins across db's

От
james shannon
Дата:
hello...
   i'm trying to join a table from one database with a table from
another database(both from the same server). It seems as if postgres
can't do this.

   I don't know what the name of what i'm trying to accomplish is,
but i've seen it done in other databases with 'select * from
corpdb..table, storedb..table where ...'.

   Thanks for any help.
-- james shannon, james@motifstudios.com on 29/12/2000

Re: selects / joins across db's

От
"Oliver Elphick"
Дата:
james shannon wrote:
  >hello...
  >   i'm trying to join a table from one database with a table from
  >another database(both from the same server). It seems as if postgres
  >can't do this.

No, it can't be done.

7.2 will, we hope, implement schemas within databases.

     "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men
      shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the
      day of judgment."           Matthew 12:36

Re: selects / joins across db's

От
GH
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 12:02:45AM -0800, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> hello...
>    i'm trying to join a table from one database with a table from
> another database(both from the same server). It seems as if postgres
> can't do this.

It is not supported at this time.
I think it is coming at some point in the future though.

gh