Обсуждение: How to import/export data from/to an ASCII file?

How to import/export data from/to an ASCII file?

От
Raymond Chui
Дата:
For example

create table testTable (
id integer,
name char(20)
);

an ASCII file format with field separator "|" is

1|Hello|
2|Again|

There is a way to do this in Oracle, Sybase, Informix and MySQL.
But I want to know how to do this in PostgreSQL.

Please don't tell me use pg_dump, because it is not a correct answer for

my question!

Thank you!

Вложения

Re: [HACKERS] How to import/export data from/to an ASCII file?

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
Use

  COPY table FROM 'filename' USING DELIMITERS '|';

                     - Thomas

Re: [HACKERS] How to import/export data from/to an ASCII file?

От
"Joel Burton"
Дата:
> For example
>
> create table testTable (
> id integer,
> name char(20)
> );
>
> an ASCII file format with field separator "|" is
>
> 1|Hello|
> 2|Again|
>
> There is a way to do this in Oracle, Sybase, Informix and MySQL.
> But I want to know how to do this in PostgreSQL.
>
> Please don't tell me use pg_dump, because it is not a correct answer
> for

Look at the documentation for COPY

    \h COPY

Questions like this should be posted to pgsql-general, not pgsql-
hackers.
--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)