Обсуждение: Problems with Mandrake RPM

Problems with Mandrake RPM

От
John Pilley
Дата:
Hello again,

I finally got the Mandrake 7.0.3 rpm installed but it apparently is
missing some files. There is no startup file in /etc/rc.d/init.d and I
cannot find initdb anywhere. I'm not sure where to go from here. In my
old installation (Mandrake Linux 6.5) I down loaded the package and
installed it directly without problems. The documentation is not
oriented to an RPM installation.

Please help - thanks,

John Pilley

Вложения

Re: Problems with Mandrake RPM

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
John Pilley wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I finally got the Mandrake 7.0.3 rpm installed but it apparently is
> missing some files. There is no startup file in /etc/rc.d/init.d and I
> cannot find initdb anywhere. I'm not sure where to go from here. In my

Install postgresql-server.

> old installation (Mandrake Linux 6.5) I down loaded the package and
> installed it directly without problems. The documentation is not
> oriented to an RPM installation.

/usr/doc/postgresql-7.0.3/README.rpm-dist.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Simple Question: Case sensitivity

От
"Abe"
Дата:
This is probably an easy question for most but here goes:

I am using PHP3 and postgres 6.5

I am trying to do a search on a peoples database and it works fine except
for the fact that I want to make it case insensitive as some in the database
are Smith and some are jones.  Is this a scripting thing or can it be done
in my query.

Here is the query:

$sql = "select surname, firstname, title, company, worktel, ext, hometel,
mobile, email, emailtwo from employees where firstname like '%$criteria%' or
surname like '%$criteria%'";

Thanks in advance,
Abe

Re: Simple Question: Case sensitivity

От
"Robert B. Easter"
Дата:
On Sunday 10 December 2000 07:23, Abe wrote:
> This is probably an easy question for most but here goes:
>
> I am using PHP3 and postgres 6.5
>
> I am trying to do a search on a peoples database and it works fine except
> for the fact that I want to make it case insensitive as some in the
> database are Smith and some are jones.  Is this a scripting thing or can it
> be done in my query.
>
> Here is the query:
>
> $sql = "select surname, firstname, title, company, worktel, ext, hometel,
> mobile, email, emailtwo from employees where firstname like '%$criteria%'
> or surname like '%$criteria%'";
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Abe

There is also a case insensitive regular expression operator (~*) but I don't
know if its faster than the two upper() function calls and it is
PostgreSQL-specific:

$sql = "select surname, firstname, title, company, worktel, ext, hometel,
mobile, email, emailtwo from employees where firstname ~* '{$criteria}'
or surname ~* '{$criteria}'";

See Bruce Momjian's book:
LIKE expressions:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/node51.html
Regular expressions:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/node52.html

--
-------- Robert B. Easter  reaster@comptechnews.com ---------
- CompTechNews Message Board   http://www.comptechnews.com/ -

RE: Problems with Mandrake RPM

От
Franck Martin
Дата:
Did you get the rpm from cooker or from postgresql.org?

Did the rpm install the file access/gist.h?

Cooker can be found from the Mandrake web site www.mandrake.com

Franck Martin
Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck@sopac.org
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/

This e-mail is intended for its recipients only. Do not forward this e-mail
without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be necessarily
the views of SOPAC.