Обсуждение: Questions from a Newbie

Questions from a Newbie

От
Hunter Hillegas
Дата:
I am considering migrating to PostgreSQL 7.1 from mySQL for some of my Web
applications.

I have a couple of questions:

1. The JDBC driver for mySQL will automatically escape special characters
(like single quotes) if you use the PreparedStatement class. Does the
Postgre JDBC driver do the same thing?

2. While 7.1 CVS built fine on Red Hat 6.2, I can't get it to build on MacOS
X Public Beta. I don't have that box in front of me so I can't remember
where it failed. Just wondering if anyone has brought it up on this
platform...

Thanks!

Hunter

Re: Questions from a Newbie

Дата:
Hunter Hillegas <hunter@lastonepicked.com> writes:
> 2. While 7.1 CVS built fine on Red Hat 6.2, I can't get it to build on MacOS
> X Public Beta.

This is being looked at, see "darwin" traffic on pgsql-patches and
pgsql-hackers.

Dunno about your JDBC question tho ... ask on pgsql-interfaces ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Questions from a Newbie

От
Chris Jones
Дата:
Hunter Hillegas <hunter@lastonepicked.com> writes:

> 1. The JDBC driver for mySQL will automatically escape special characters
> (like single quotes) if you use the PreparedStatement class. Does the
> Postgre JDBC driver do the same thing?

Yes.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                    SRI International, Inc.