Обсуждение: MySQL Command Comparison

MySQL Command Comparison

От
Stephen Lawrence
Дата:
Has anyone posted a web page describing MySQL -> Postgresql commands?

ie. In MySQL, to show all databases you type #show databases; How does
Postgresql do this?

Things like that. Is there a page anywhere like this?

-
Stephen Lawrence Jr.
logart@dairypower.com

Re: MySQL Command Comparison

От
"Robert J. Sprawls"
Дата:
On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Stephen Lawrence wrote:

SL>Has anyone posted a web page describing MySQL -> Postgresql commands?
SL>
SL>ie. In MySQL, to show all databases you type #show databases; How does
SL>Postgresql do this?
SL>
SL>Things like that. Is there a page anywhere like this?

Look at the man page for psql. In response to you example:

psql -l

will list all databases. Not sure if the user will have access to them
all, or if they are *all* the databases in the data directory.

Robert J. Sprawls            sprawlsr@worldnet.att.net
Tactical Dynamics            http://home.att.net/~sprawlsr
CEO (Chief Everything Officer)

Re: MySQL Command Comparison

От
Stephen Lawrence
Дата:
I was kinda hoping for a web page somewhere that would have a comparison
table of all MySQL/PostgreSQL commands or something.

-
Stephen Lawrence
logart@mail.com

> Look at the man page for psql. In response to you example:
>
> psql -l
>
> will list all databases. Not sure if the user will have access to them
> all, or if they are *all* the databases in the data directory.

More OO Support

От
"lincy lin"
Дата:
Hi !

    I am new comer to PostgreSQL. I have few years experience of OODB (CA-Jasmine). It's is possible to give PostgreSQL
moreoo support in future release ? If PostgreSQL can support method and collection will very helpful.

    I hope the mail-list was the correctly place to post wish list.

    Lincy.

Re: More OO Support

От
The Hermit Hacker