Обсуждение: BLCKSZ

BLCKSZ

От
"Robert B. Easter"
Дата:
If I set the block size from 8k to 16k by editing /include/config.h, then all
tuples will take up 16k on disk?  If true, it just wastes lots of disk space if
you are really not going to be storing more than 8k in most tuples?

--
Robert B. Easter
reaster@comptechnews.com

Re: BLCKSZ

От
"Ross J. Reedstrom"
Дата:
On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 02:53:17PM -0400, Robert B. Easter wrote:

> If I set the block size from 8k to 16k by editing /include/config.h, then all
> tuples will take up 16k on disk?  If true, it just wastes lots of disk space if
> you are really not going to be storing more than 8k in most tuples?

Currently, more than one tuple can be stored in a block, it's just that
any one tuple cannot be stored in more than one block: i.e. tuples cannot
span blocks, so the BLKSZ sets the maximum tuple size. Clear?

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer