Обсуждение: Win32 Install

Win32 Install

От
"Joseph"
Дата:
I am trying to run postgress on an NT workstation.

Do I have to run it in a bash prompt?

This is the error I get if I try to run postgres.exe at nt cmd prompt:
D:\cygnus\cygwin-b20>postgres
FATAL 1:  SetPgUserName: no entry in host passwd file

The admin.pdf doesn't seem to give much help.

I am a newbie with Unix or Linux but am very at home in the win32 world.

Joseph

RE: Win32 Install

От
"Joseph"
Дата:
> Log in as "postgres" (empty password) and create some users.

Do I need to do this at the bash prompt somehow? I don't know how.

Or do I log into my nt workstation and change users with the user manager?

I guess I am confused how postgress works with users.

Joseph

> I am trying to run postgress on an NT workstation.
>
> Do I have to run it in a bash prompt?
>
> This is the error I get if I try to run postgres.exe at nt cmd prompt:
> D:\cygnus\cygwin-b20>postgres
> FATAL 1:  SetPgUserName: no entry in host passwd file
>
> The admin.pdf doesn't seem to give much help.
>
> I am a newbie with Unix or Linux but am very at home in the win32 world.
>
> Joseph

Log in as "postgres" (empty password) and create some users.

Horst

Re: Win32 Install

От
"Thomas D. Dean"
Дата:
You should be able to save the excel table as a text file, with a tab
separator.  You may need to use sed to convert the line_end from
windows to unix form.  Then use the psql copy to put the data into the
table.

Use vi to create a to_dos.sh

#! /usr/local/bin/tcsh -f
cat $1 | sed -e 's/$/^M/' > xx

where the ^M is a single character entered with control-v controm-m,

Then use this to convert the text

tomdean

Re: Win32 Install

От
Ron Peterson
Joseph wrote:

You're also asking everyone who reads this newsgroup to send you a
reciept.  Could you turn that auto-ask-for-a-reciept feature off,
please?

Ron Peterson
rpeterson@yellowbank.com

Re: Win32 Install

От
Samy Elashmawy
Дата:
 We coulh ALL send him one , I bet then he would turn it off .