Обсуждение: syntax error 2334 : parse error

syntax error 2334 : parse error

От
"Floyd Shackelford"
Дата:
I am trying to install postgresql for the first time. I am running redhat
linux 5.x

I get the output below from initdb. Anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks

Floyd Shackelford

$ initdb
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to
create the template database.

initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create the
global classes.

initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based
authentication control file.

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=100).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

initdb: creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
        syntax error 2334 : parse error
Creating global classes in /base
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1

Adding template1 database to pg_database...
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1 <
/tmp/create
.15789
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
initdb: could not log template database
initdb: cleaning up.

Re: [GENERAL] syntax error 2334 : parse error

От
Chris Dorr
Дата:
you need to do something like: initdb -pglib=/path/to/bki.file.it.asks.for
-pgdata=/where/you/want/to/store/data

At least what what's what had to be done for 6.0

## Chris Dorr
## International Newspaper Network
## 800-579-6397

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Floyd Shackelford wrote:

> I am trying to install postgresql for the first time. I am running redhat
> linux 5.x
>
> I get the output below from initdb. Anyone know how to make this work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Floyd Shackelford
>

> $ initdb
> initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to
> create the template database.
>
> initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create the
> global classes.
>
> initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based
> authentication control file.
>
> We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=100).
> This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.
>
> initdb: creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
> Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
>         syntax error 2334 : parse error
> Creating global classes in /base
> Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
>
> Adding template1 database to pg_database...
> Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1 <
> /tmp/create
> .15789
> ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
> ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
> initdb: could not log template database
> initdb: cleaning up.
>

> ************

Re: [GENERAL] syntax error 2334 : parse error

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Floyd Shackelford wrote:
> I am trying to install postgresql for the first time. I am running redhat
> linux 5.x
>
> I get the output below from initdb. Anyone know how to make this work?

Are the Postgresql-6.3.2 RPM's uninstalled?  Check by doing 'rpm -qa|grep
postgresql'  -- then 'rpm -e' each one that shows.

There IS an RPM distribution of PostgreSQL for RedHat 5.2 --
ftp.postgresql.org/pub/bindist/RPM
 --
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio