Обсуждение: Urgent - unable to get postgres up

Urgent - unable to get postgres up

От
"V Krishnaraj"
Дата:
Dear Community,

Postgres has been suddenly shut off and we are unable to log on:

The error message we get at the unix prompt when starting
postmaster is:

/usr/local/bin/postmaster does not know where to find the da
tabase system data.  You must specify the directory that contains
the database s
ystem either by specifying the -D invocation option or by setting
the PGDATA env
ironment variable.

No data directory -- can't proceed.

Please help. A mission critical application is held up.

Thanks in advance.

Kimi

Re: [GENERAL] Urgent - unable to get postgres up

От
"Patrick Welche"
Дата:
> The error message we get at the unix prompt when starting
> postmaster is:
>
> /usr/local/bin/postmaster does not know where to find the database system
> data.  You must specify the directory that contains the database system
> either by specifying the -D invocation option or by setting the PGDATA
> environment variable.
>
> No data directory -- can't proceed.

So, where is your data? Is it in the default /usr/local/pgsql/data ? If so,
try

/usr/local/bin/postmaster -D/usr/local/pgsql/data

Did something happen to that directory? eg., disk still there etc?

Cheers,

Patrick