Обсуждение: postgres on RedHat5.2 errors

postgres on RedHat5.2 errors

От
"Donzaemon"
Дата:
I recently installed postgres 6.5 on RedHat Linux 5.2 and the installation
seemed to
go smoothly. When I got to the part where it said to use the initdb command
it ended with the error

ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
            syntax error 1 : parse error[postgres@ns1 pgsql]$

I cannot continue beyond that point because it stops and doesn't make the
pg_database

I anyone knows what I can do to continue I would appreciate the advice...

Thanks,

don@tsutsuji.com

Re: postgres on RedHat5.2 errors

От
"Damond Walker"
Дата:
Donzaemon wrote in message <01bef985$cc809ce0$5557e8d2@ns>...

>I anyone knows what I can do to continue I would appreciate the advice...

    Did you compile from sources or install via RPM?

                Damo

Damond Walker <dwalker@iximd.com> wrote in article
<u%hB3.461$es3.91187@typhoon1.gnilink.net>...

> Donzaemon wrote in message <01bef985$cc809ce0$5557e8d2@ns>...
>
> >I anyone knows what I can do to continue I would appreciate the
advice...

>     Did you compile from sources or install via RPM?
>
>                 Damo

I compiled from the sources at the time of the question...

I later used the RPM and it now seems to be working fine....

Thanks

Re: postgres on RedHat5.2 errors

От
James Birchfield
Дата:
I had the problem as well.  After some digging, I discovered the
solution.
I built postgre by hand and installed with no problems.  Then I got the
same errors.  It turns out that postgre was already on my system, and
the executables for initdb and postmaster were located in /usr/bin.
That was in my path before /usr/local/pgsql/bin.  So there was a version
conflict.  I quickly adjusted my path to loon in pgsql first, and all is
well.  A more permanant fix would be to link in the pgsql executables to
/usr/bin, but that is next.

Jim

Donzaemon wrote:

> I recently installed postgres 6.5 on RedHat Linux 5.2 and the installation
> seemed to
> go smoothly. When I got to the part where it said to use the initdb command
> it ended with the error
>
> ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
> ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
>             syntax error 1 : parse error[postgres@ns1 pgsql]$
>
> I cannot continue beyond that point because it stops and doesn't make the
> pg_database
>
> I anyone knows what I can do to continue I would appreciate the advice...
>
> Thanks,
>
> don@tsutsuji.com

Вложения