Обсуждение: [GENERAL] HELP needed : COPY datas from file

[GENERAL] HELP needed : COPY datas from file

От
"Ming-Hung Eng"
Дата:
Hi

I have a problem to copy datas from unix file, I get the following message
when I try to import
a file with more 200000 lines :

pgReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly
    This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while
processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible. Terminating.

I use postgres 6.4.2 on solaris.

Thanks for your help!

--
ENG Ming Hung

Re: [GENERAL] HELP needed : COPY datas from file

От
Oleg Broytmann
Дата:
Hi!

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Ming-Hung Eng wrote:
> I have a problem to copy datas from unix file, I get the following message
> when I try to import
> a file with more 200000 lines :
>
> pgReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly
>     This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while
> processing the request.
> We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
> impossible. Terminating.
>
> I use postgres 6.4.2 on solaris.

   There is a memory leak in 6.4.2. Split your data into smaller chunks...

> Thanks for your help!
>
> --
> ENG Ming Hung

Oleg.