Обсуждение: [Fwd: [HACKERS] typeidTypeRelid Error]

[Fwd: [HACKERS] typeidTypeRelid Error]

От
JP Rosevear
Дата:
Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this.  I can insert data
and (obviously create tables).  Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
it.  Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.

-JP
I have checked the bakc archives and can find several references to the
following error, but know fixes.

OS: Linux (kernel v2.2.2)
Distro: YellowDogLinux (Red Hat based)
Arch: PowerPC (not a G3)
PG: 6.4.2

The error is that any operation having to do with oid type's results in an
error, ie:

createdb test
destroydb test
ERROR:   typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0
ERROR:   typeidTupeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0

Same thing if I load psql and do a \d <tablename>.  I can create databases
and tables and such however.

Ideas?  pg 6.3.x worked on linux ppc platforms previously, but the newer
distros might be using the new glibc.  Would this make a difference?

-JP

unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
Subject changed.

> Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this.  I can insert data
> and (obviously create tables).  Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
> support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
> it.  Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.

What kind of version of apache/PHP/PostgreSQL are you using? Do you
use DSO? What was the exact error message when you found lo_unlink was
an unknown symbol? What kind of platform are you running?

I myself have been using apache 1.3.6(DSO)/PHP 3.0.7/PostgreSQL 6.4.2
or current on x86 Linux/LinuxPPC/mips Linux/FreeBSD for a while but
have never seen problems you mentioned.
---
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

От
JP Rosevear
Дата:
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Subject changed.
>
> > Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this.  I can insert data
> > and (obviously create tables).  Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
> > support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
> > it.  Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.
>
> What kind of version of apache/PHP/PostgreSQL are you using? Do you
> use DSO? What was the exact error message when you found lo_unlink was
> an unknown symbol? What kind of platform are you running?
>
> I myself have been using apache 1.3.6(DSO)/PHP 3.0.7/PostgreSQL 6.4.2
> or current on x86 Linux/LinuxPPC/mips Linux/FreeBSD for a while but
> have never seen problems you mentioned.

Thanks for your reply.  I'm using apache 1.3.6 (DSO), PHP 3.0.6 and PG
6.4.2.  I was able to successfully run apache/php/pg under LinuxPPC R4 and
haven't had any probs under i386  Linux distros, however I have tried the
YDL and R5 rpms (as well as compiling from tarballs) and run in to this
error every time on YDL.  I think its related to the other problems but I'm

not sure.  The error message is "Unknown symbol lo_unlink".  It might be
helpful if you let me know the options you pass to the configure script,
then I could try with those options.

TIA
-JP

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> > > Hey folks, still looking for a little help on this.  I can insert data
> > > and (obviously create tables).  Further, I've discovered PHP with pg
> > > support yields an unknown symbol 'lo_unlink' when Apache tries to load
> > > it.  Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.
> >
> > What kind of version of apache/PHP/PostgreSQL are you using? Do you
> > use DSO? What was the exact error message when you found lo_unlink was
> > an unknown symbol? What kind of platform are you running?
> >
> > I myself have been using apache 1.3.6(DSO)/PHP 3.0.7/PostgreSQL 6.4.2
> > or current on x86 Linux/LinuxPPC/mips Linux/FreeBSD for a while but
> > have never seen problems you mentioned.
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I'm using apache 1.3.6 (DSO), PHP 3.0.6 and PG
> 6.4.2.  I was able to successfully run apache/php/pg under LinuxPPC R4 and
> haven't had any probs under i386  Linux distros, however I have tried the
> YDL and R5 rpms (as well as compiling from tarballs) and run in to this
> error every time on YDL.  I think its related to the other problems but I'm
>
> not sure.  The error message is "Unknown symbol lo_unlink".  It might be
> helpful if you let me know the options you pass to the configure script,
> then I could try with those options.

PostgreSQL:    configure --with-mb=EUC_JP
Apache:        OPTIM="-O2" /configure --enable-module=so
php:        configure --with-pgsql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.6 --enable-track-vars
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

I also use LinuxPPC R4. So I guess there's something special with YDL
and R5, not with your builds. (BTW, what is YDL?) I'm going to try R5
after official R5 is released.
---
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] unknown symbol 'lo_unlink'

От
Herouth Maoz
Дата:
At 18:02 +0300 on 27/04/1999, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> I also use LinuxPPC R4. So I guess there's something special with YDL
> and R5, not with your builds. (BTW, what is YDL?) I'm going to try R5
> after official R5 is released.

Yellow Dog Linux is yet another version of linux for PPC. It appears that
it has many common features with R5, but will not have the installer and
Netscape Communicator.

It seems that the most important (and relevant?) feature of these two
flavors of linux is that they use glibc2 instead of libc5, which was the C
library on R4. This means everything relating to dynamically loaded code is
changed.

Disclaimer: This is just a superficial observation based on reading the
LinuxPPC website. I have no actual experience with LinuxPPC, as I intend to
install it for the first time on my mac when R5 is out.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma