Обсуждение: Postgresql on sparc

Postgresql on sparc

От
Gerard Saraber
Дата:
Hi,
I noticed that the postgresql website says that postgres on sparc is not
supported, however I have it running on my sun Sparc IPC/12M ram/RH5.2
without a problem, I have to do some more testing to see if it actually
holds up in a "customer" environment.. but so far so good :) great job!
Anyway, my question is, is the website out of date? Or is there another
reason for it being listed as "unsupported" ?

Regards,
Gerard Saraber
gsaraber@glasscity.net

Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql on sparc

От
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Дата:
Gerard Saraber <gsaraber@glasscity.net> writes:

> I noticed that the postgresql website says that postgres on sparc is not
> supported, however I have it running on my sun Sparc IPC/12M ram/RH5.2
> without a problem, I have to do some more testing to see if it actually
> holds up in a "customer" environment.. but so far so good :) great job!
> Anyway, my question is, is the website out of date? Or is there another
> reason for it being listed as "unsupported" ?

I've been using it on NetBSD/sparc for a very long time, and it's been
passing regression testing with no problem, and generally working just
great, including dynamic loading of user defined compiled functions.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"

Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql on sparc

От
Hal Snyder
Дата:
Gerard Saraber <gsaraber@glasscity.net> writes:

> I noticed that the postgresql website says that postgres on sparc is not
> supported, however I have it running on my sun Sparc IPC/12M ram/RH5.2
> without a problem, I have to do some more testing to see if it actually
> holds up in a "customer" environment.. but so far so good :) great job!
> Anyway, my question is, is the website out of date? Or is there another
> reason for it being listed as "unsupported" ?

At

  http://www.postgresql.org/info.html

about 90% of the way down, under "Platforms Run", Solaris is included.
I'll admit, it's buried pretty well. Where does the web site say
PostgreSQL on Sparc is not supported? We can fix that!