Обсуждение: Web Tools

Web Tools

От
"Ronald L. Chichester"
Hi:

I want to use PostgreSQL as a database engine for a web-based intranet
(using Apache on Linux).  Is there a repository of CGI examples that I
could use, or are there some software tools that could take out some of
the time and grunt work?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Chichester

Re: Web Tools

От
jutta staudach
Дата:
I found no examples, but a very good description in the Pg.pm file
here is a example for a local database:
#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html", "\r\n\r\n";
print "<HTML>", "\n";
print "<HEAD><TITLE></TITLE></HEAD>","\n";
print "<body bgcolor=#FFFFFF link='#0000FF'vlink='#800080'>","\n";
print "<BODY>", "\n";
require Pg;
$conn = Pg::connectdb("dbname=postgres");

   Pg::doQuery($conn, "select * from probe", \@ary);

    for $i ( 0 .. $#ary ) {
        for $j ( 0 .. $#{$ary[$i]} ) {
            print "$ary[$i][$j]\t";
        }
        print "\n";
    }
print "</BODY></HTML>", "\n";
exit(0);
Ciao Jutta
Ronald L. Chichester schrieb:

> Hi:
>
> I want to use PostgreSQL as a database engine for a web-based intranet
> (using Apache on Linux).  Is there a repository of CGI examples that I
> could use, or are there some software tools that could take out some of
> the time and grunt work?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ron Chichester

Re: Web Tools

От
J J
Дата:
Ronald L. Chichester wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I want to use PostgreSQL as a database engine for a web-based intranet
> (using Apache on Linux).  Is there a repository of CGI examples that I
> could use, or are there some software tools that could take out some of
> the time and grunt work?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ron Chichester

This uses the built in "print a HTML table row" function:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Pg;
use CGI;

$wp = new CGI;

$custname = uc $wp->param('custname');
print $wp->header;
print $wp->start_html(-author=>"jj");

$conn = Pg::connectdb("dbname = john");
if ($conn->status != PGRES_CONNECTION_OK) {
        die("Can't connect");
}

$res = $conn->exec("select * from workorder where name like
'%$custname%'");
#fout, header, align, standard, html3, expanded, pager, fieldSep,
tableOpt, caption, ...
$res->print (STDOUT, "", "", 0, 1, 0, 0, "|", "border=1", "Customers");

print $wp->end_html;

Re: Web Tools

От
"Eric T. Jennings"
Дата:
J J <linux2000@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Ronald L. Chichester wrote:

:> Hi:
:>
:> I want to use PostgreSQL as a database engine for a web-based intranet
:> (using Apache on Linux).  Is there a repository of CGI examples that I
:> could use, or are there some software tools that could take out some of
:> the time and grunt work?
:>
:> Thanks in advance,
:>
:> Ron Chichester

Take a look at PHP-3.  It's a killer middleware HTML parser that loads as
an Apache module, and will make your intranet development life much
easier.

                www.php.net

 --
                            Eric