Обсуждение: Create Index?

Create Index?

От
John Cusick
Дата:
I've recently upgraded to version 6.4 which was compiled on RedHat Linux
ver 5.1
with no apparent problems.

and with a test table;

create table partref
    (partnum varchar(15) not null, desc varchar(15), vnum varchar(60));

then;

create index indpart on partref (partnum);

returns;

ERROR: partind: cannot extend

This worked fine w/version6.3 on the same system.

I looked around in the changes and re-checked the man page.
Am I missing something way to obvious??

John Cusick
jcusick@exotrope.net

Re: [SQL] Create Index?

Дата:
> create index indpart on partref (partnum);
>
> returns;
>
> ERROR: partind: cannot extend
>

> This worked fine w/version6.3 on the same system.
>
> I looked around in the changes and re-checked the man page.
> Am I missing something way to obvious??

You have run out of disk space.

Typed fields

От
Kaare Rasmussen
Дата:
I can INHERIT a table, but there's no way to TYPE a field? E.g. I want
to use the same type for all amounts field, so I want to make a TYPE
amount DECIMAL(9,2) and then use that for all amount fields in the
database?