Обсуждение: postgreSQL 6.3.2 and AIX

postgreSQL 6.3.2 and AIX

От
Memphisto
Дата:
Does anyone have exeperiences with AIX4.2/postgreSQL 6.3.2?
Now I'm unable to compile it I've got the following error message:
bash-2.01$ gmake
Making postgres.imp
./backend/port/aix/mkldexport.sh postgres /usr/local/pgsql/bin >
postgres.imp
nm: postgres: 0654-200 Cannot open the specified file.
nm: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
xlc -bE:./backend/postgres.imp -o postgres  ../utils/version.o -lPW -lld
-lnsl -ldl -lm -lcurses
xlc: 1501-228 input file ../utils/version.o not found
gmake: *** [postgres.imp] Error 252

What's wrong?
Sebestyén Zoltán AKA Memphisto        It all seems so stupid,
                    it makes me want to give up.
szoli@netvisor.hu            But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR            And please avoid Necrosoft Widows

Re: [GENERAL] postgreSQL 6.3.2 and AIX

От
David Hartwig
Дата:
I have 4.1.4.   My last compile was flawless other then a few tweaks necessary for
plpgsq.  Your not that far yet.

From what I can see apparent  what your problem is.
    mkldexport.sh is a script calls nm.
    nm is a UNIX utility for extracting external symbols from executables and such.
It looks like nm is complaining that is cannot open the executable "postgres".

At this phase postgres should be located in src/backend.   Is it there and readable?

"/usr/local/pgsql/bin".

Memphisto wrote:

> Does anyone have exeperiences with AIX4.2/postgreSQL 6.3.2?
> Now I'm unable to compile it I've got the following error message:
> bash-2.01$ gmake
> Making postgres.imp
> ./backend/port/aix/mkldexport.sh postgres /usr/local/pgsql/bin >
> postgres.imp
> nm: postgres: 0654-200 Cannot open the specified file.
> nm: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
> xlc -bE:./backend/postgres.imp -o postgres  ../utils/version.o -lPW -lld
> -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcurses
> xlc: 1501-228 input file ../utils/version.o not found
> gmake: *** [postgres.imp] Error 252
>
> What's wrong?
> Sebestyén Zoltán AKA Memphisto          It all seems so stupid,
>                                         it makes me want to give up.
> szoli@netvisor.hu                       But why should I give up,
>                                         when it all seems so stupid?
>
> MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR                    And please avoid Necrosoft Widows

Re: [GENERAL] postgreSQL 6.3.2 and AIX

От
Memphisto
Дата:
I've found what the problem was:
 I've had to call the 'all' target explicitly: gmake all
> > Does anyone have exeperiences with AIX4.2/postgreSQL 6.3.2?
> > Now I'm unable to compile it I've got the following error message:
> > bash-2.01$ gmake
> > Making postgres.imp

Sebestyén Zoltán AKA Memphisto        It all seems so stupid,
                    it makes me want to give up.
szoli@netvisor.hu            But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR            And please avoid Necrosoft Widows

Float

От
Javier E Polo
Дата:
I'm want to create a table with data types float or doubles. How can I declare them
?

Create table rrrrrrr (
tip1  ????(float)???,
);

Thanks

Re: [GENERAL] Float

От
tolik@icomm.ru (Anatoly K. Lasareff)
Дата:

 JEP> I'm want to create a table with data types float or doubles. How can I declare them
 JEP> ?

 JEP> Create table rrrrrrr (
 JEP> tip1  ????(float)???,
 JEP> );

Pehaps

create table rrr (
  a    float
);

What is the problem?

--
Anatoly K. Lasareff              Email:       tolik@icomm.ru
Senior programmer

Re: [GENERAL] Float

От
George Kousi
Дата:
"Anatoly K. Lasareff" wrote:

>  JEP> I'm want to create a table with data types float or doubles. How can I declare them
>  JEP> ?
>
>  JEP> Create table rrrrrrr (
>  JEP> tip1  ????(float)???,
>  JEP> );