Обсуждение: Authentication Problems

Authentication Problems

От
"G.Elangovan "
Дата:
Please suggest me what are all the way i
can implement AUTHENTICATION on USER , DATABASE and TABLE.
As i have seen, to my knowledge i understood we can implement
Grant and Revoke on table
But how can we do the same on the DATABASE
There is a password attribute in pg_shadow
how can this be used to implement on USER

And finally please help to know whether Postgres 6.3.2
has security on the USER AND DATABASE

HOW CAN I CREATE pg_ident.conf and how can i use it  for authentication
on User/Database/Table

Re: [ADMIN] Authentication Problems

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, G.Elangovan  wrote:

> Please suggest me what are all the way i
> can implement AUTHENTICATION on USER , DATABASE and TABLE.
> As i have seen, to my knowledge i understood we can implement
> Grant and Revoke on table
> But how can we do the same on the DATABASE
> There is a password attribute in pg_shadow
> how can this be used to implement on USER
>

> And finally please help to know whether Postgres 6.3.2
> has security on the USER AND DATABASE
>
> HOW CAN I CREATE pg_ident.conf and how can i use it  for authentication
> on User/Database/Table

This file exists in your PGDATA directory (the one which has the data
directory holding your databases).

It's the place to restrict which client hosts can access which databases.
The default file contains instructions on how to taylor it to your needs.

As for restricting user accesses to a database, the only way for that
(AFAIK) is with grant. ie: grant priveledges to the users you want to have
access, and revoke permissions to public.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk