Обсуждение: Date problems

Date problems

От
Cho Yan Wong
Дата:
Hello,

  I have some problems entering date fields.
Wether I do:

copy Photographer from 'mydir/db.txt' using delimiters ';';

or insert into Photographer values (1,2,'12-07-1974');

All dates are messed up. The month and day fields are ok, but the year
value changes to something weird like 32768, 26673 or similarly large
numbers. Everything else seems to be fine. Any ideas?

How do I manipulate date fields. I;ve tried:

select extract(Year from Birth) from Photographer;

but that doesn't seem to work. I'm using PSQL 6.0 on IRIX6. Any help is
appreciated.

  Tempest

order by

От
Kaj-Michael Lang
Дата:
I have stored IP's in a table using a varchar(15) field. My problem is how
to make the order by list the IP's the correct order like:

192.168.1.1
192.168.1.6
192.168.1.10

now it sorts them like:

192.168.1.1
192.168.1.10
192.168.1.6

is it possible to get them sorted the right way ?

Kaj-Michael Lang        milang@tal.org
Kaskentie 5 C9            http://www.tal.org/
20720 Turku            ftp://ftp.tal.org/
FINLAND                klang@abo.fi
               Keyboard not found - press any key to continue

Re: [GENERAL] order by

От
Oleg Broytmann
Дата:
Hello!

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Kaj-Michael Lang wrote:
> I have stored IP's in a table using a varchar(15) field. My problem is how

   Relcom (Russian Moscow ISP) developed IP type for Postgres:
      http://relcom.eu.net/ipaddr.html

Oleg.
----
  Oleg Broytmann     http://members.tripod.com/~phd2/     phd2@earthling.net

Re: [GENERAL] order by

От
dave madden
 =>From: Kaj-Michael Lang <milang@tal.org>
 =>...
 =>I have stored IP's in a table using a varchar(15) field. My problem is how
 =>to make the order by list the IP's the correct order like:
 =>
 =>192.168.1.1
 =>192.168.1.6
 =>192.168.1.10
 =>
 =>now it sorts them like:
 =>
 =>192.168.1.1
 =>192.168.1.10
 =>192.168.1.6
 =>
 =>is it possible to get them sorted the right way ?

There may be a special function (or you could write one) to sort
numbers which are represented as varchars, but a better solution would
be to re-store the IP numbers as integers.  This will also allow you
to work on them with netmasks and so forth.  Convert them back to
A.B.C.D when you print them out.

d.

Re: [GENERAL] order by

> There may be a special function (or you could write one) to sort
> numbers which are represented as varchars, but a better solution would
> be to re-store the IP numbers as integers.  This will also allow you
> to work on them with netmasks and so forth.  Convert them back to
> A.B.C.D when you print them out.

See contrib/ip_and_mac.