Обсуждение: pg_archivecleanup docs

pg_archivecleanup docs

От
Jeff Janes
Дата:
I think the documentation for the -x option is confusing:

-x extension

When using the program as a standalone utility, provide an extension
that will be stripped from all file names before deciding if they
should be deleted. This is typically useful for cleaning up archives
that have been compressed during storage, and therefore have had an
extension added by the compression program. For example: -x .gz.

This option behaves the same whether it is used as a standalone
utility or used by archive_cleanup_command. I don't think
pg_archivecleanup even knows how it is being called.

I think we should just strike the first clause.

Cheers,

Jeff

Вложения

Re: pg_archivecleanup docs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 8/5/16 11:53 AM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> I think the documentation for the -x option is confusing:
>
> -x extension
>
> When using the program as a standalone utility, provide an extension
> that will be stripped from all file names before deciding if they
> should be deleted. This is typically useful for cleaning up archives
> that have been compressed during storage, and therefore have had an
> extension added by the compression program. For example: -x .gz.
>

> This option behaves the same whether it is used as a standalone
> utility or used by archive_cleanup_command. I don't think
> pg_archivecleanup even knows how it is being called.
>
> I think we should just strike the first clause.

Fixed in 9.6 and master.