Обсуждение: JSON doc problem

JSON doc problem

Дата:
There seems to be a problem in this 9.4 JSON doc paragraph in json.sgml:

    The technical difference between a <literal>jsonb_ops</literal>
    and a <literal>jsonb_path_ops</literal> GIN index is that the former
    creates independent index items for each key and value in the data,
    while the latter creates index items only for each value in the
    includes array elements, though JSON terminology sometimes considers
    array elements distinct from values within objects.</para></footnote>
--> But in <literal>jsonb_path_ops</literal>, each index item is a hash
    of both the value and the key(s) leading to it; for example to index
    <literal>{"foo": {"bar": "baz"}}</literal>, a single index item would
    be created incorporating all three of <literal>foo</>, <literal>bar</>,

What does this "But" refer to, and it is consistent with the sentences above?

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: JSON doc problem

Дата:
> What does this "But" refer to, and it is consistent with the sentences above?

Hmm.  Probably "Also" or "Moreover" would work there.  I think this might
be leftover from a previous version of the paragraph --- I recall having
rewritten that several times before I was satisfied with it.

            regards, tom lane

Re: JSON doc problem

Дата:
On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 11:32:40AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > What does this "But" refer to, and it is consistent with the sentences above?
>
> Hmm.  Probably "Also" or "Moreover" would work there.  I think this might
> be leftover from a previous version of the paragraph --- I recall having
> rewritten that several times before I was satisfied with it.

Thanks.  I have adjusted it with the attached, applied patch.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения