Обсуждение: Generate Windows MO files in Linux

Generate Windows MO files in Linux

От
Halley Pacheco de Oliveira
Дата:
I use PostgreSQL 8.0.1 in Windows, so I did a download of postgresql-8.0.1.tar.gz file using
Linux, edited the pt_BR.po translation for psql using KBabel, generate the psql.mo file using
"msgfmt --statistic -v -c -o psql.mo pt_BR.po" which returned "496 messages translateds", and
moved the psql.mo file to E:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\share\locale\pt_BR\LC_MESSAGES\psql.mo
in Windows.

It is working fine, but it is OK! I couldn't find anything about generating MO files for Windows
in the documentation.

Thanks,
Halley

Yahoo! Mail, cada vez melhor: agora com 1GB de espaço grátis! http://mail.yahoo.com.br

Re: Generate Windows MO files in Linux

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
Hi Halley,

> It is working fine, but it is OK! I couldn't find anything about
> generating MO files for Windows
> in the documentation.

The documentation don't talk about tools to handle it. Maybe a patch?
The poedit (www.poedit.org) is used to do the job on Windows.

PS> We need to talk in private about pt_BR docs

Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler[at]yahoo_com_br

Yahoo! Mail, cada vez melhor: agora com 1GB de espaço grátis! http://mail.yahoo.com.br

Re: Generate Windows MO files in Linux

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Halley Pacheco de Oliveira wrote:
> It is working fine, but it is OK! I couldn't find anything about
> generating MO files for Windows in the documentation.

The MO files are generated automatically by the build process if you
configured with --enable-nls.  I don't think it matters whether Windows
is involved, as the gettext tools are evidently available there.

--
Peter Eisentraut