Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 7.4 Documentation - perform.sgml

PostgreSQL 7.4 Documentation - perform.sgml

От
Halley Pacheco de Oliveira
Дата:
In file perform.sgml is written:

The amount of information stored in
<structname>pg_statistic</structname>,
in particular the maximum number of entries in the
<structfield>most_common_vals</> and
<structfield>histogram_bounds</>
arrays for each column, can be set on a ...

But most_common_vals and histogram_bounds are columns
from the view pg_stats and not from the table
pg_statistic.

Halley

Yahoo! Mail - O melhor e-mail do Brasil! Abra sua conta agora:
http://br.yahoo.com/info/mail.html

Re: PostgreSQL 7.4 Documentation - perform.sgml

Дата:
=?iso-8859-1?q?Halley=20Pacheco=20de=20Oliveira?= <halleypo@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> In file perform.sgml is written:
> The amount of information stored in
> <structname>pg_statistic</structname>,
> in particular the maximum number of entries in the
> <structfield>most_common_vals</> and
> <structfield>histogram_bounds</>
> arrays for each column, can be set on a ...

> But most_common_vals and histogram_bounds are columns
> from the view pg_stats and not from the table
> pg_statistic.

True, but being pedantically correct would obscure the sentence
completely, I fear.  You'd need some sort of arm-waving about
"the slot numbers and values entries corresponding to statistic kinds
STATISTIC_KIND_MCV and STATISTIC_KIND_HISTOGRAM", or something like
that :-(.  That might be appropriate in catalogs.sgml but I think it
will just confuse the readers of perform.sgml.

            regards, tom lane