Обсуждение: Time input documentation error

Time input documentation error

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
In table 8.11 in the 7.4 docs the following line:
040506         ISO 8601
suggests that '040506' is a valid input format for time. But in fact
it isn't accepted by either 7.3 or 7.4.

For example:
area=> select '040506'::time;
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for time: "040506"

I built using the intger datetimes option in case that makes a difference.

P.S.
Appologies if you received this twice. I tried to send in this report
a couple of days ago, but never saw the message come back through the
list server, so i am assuming I screwed up sending the message.

Re: Time input documentation error

Дата:
> area=> select '040506'::time;
> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for time: "040506"

Mph.  This worked in 7.1, but doesn't in 7.2 or later.  Also, we will
accept it if it's followed by either fractional seconds or a timezone.

regression=#  select '040506-04'::time;
   time
----------
 04:05:06
(1 row)

regression=#  select '040506.12'::time;
    time
-------------
 04:05:06.12
(1 row)

I'm inclined to say this is a code bug not a doc bug.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Time input documentation error

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 16:24:46 -0400,
  Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I'm inclined to say this is a code bug not a doc bug.

Do I have to do anything more to get it listed as a bug or can I consider
the proper people as having been notified?

Re: Time input documentation error

Дата:
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> In table 8.11 in the 7.4 docs the following line:
> 040506         ISO 8601
> suggests that '040506' is a valid input format for time. But in fact
> it isn't accepted by either 7.3 or 7.4.
>
> For example:
> area=> select '040506'::time;
> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for time: "040506"
>
> I built using the intger datetimes option in case that makes a difference.

Seems it is fixed in CVS now:

    test=> select '040506'::time;
       time
    ----------
     04:05:06
    (1 row)

Re: Time input documentation error

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 22:45:41 -0400,
  Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> Seems it is fixed in CVS now:

I think Tom fixed it. He responded to my original message. I wasn't sure
if he was going to do the fix, but I found that it had been fixed at least
a week ago.