Обсуждение: replacing a word in a column

replacing a word in a column

От
Dollar $
Дата:
Hello everybody,

Sorry if my question is too easy,

Can I search after a word in a column and replace it with another word
just using queries??
I'm using PHP and MySQL database.

e.g:

my name is payam  -->  my name was payam

any help?
thanks,
payam.

Re: replacing a word in a column

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Sat, 3 May 2003, Dollar $ wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Sorry if my question is too easy,
>
> Can I search after a word in a column and replace it with another word
> just using queries??
> I'm using PHP and MySQL database.

You DO realize this is the Postgresql documentation mailing list, the one
for making suggestions and changes to the documentation of Postgresql?

It's not like I'm being pissy about it, it's just highly unlikely that
you'll find enough MySQL expertise to help you out here.

Re: replacing a word in a column

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
I'm pretty sure you can do this, but you need to install postgresql
first.

:-)

Robert Treat