Обсуждение: SGML build

SGML build

Дата:
Vince, now that SGML is building on the main server, do you want to
point to that one now from the developers page?  Do people want me to
keep my SGML build here?  I have it down to every 15 minutes.

Re: SGML build

Дата:
> Vince, now that SGML is building on the main server,

Is there a docs-build cron job running there yet?  I got the impression
we'd only fixed the tarball build process so far.

            regards, tom lane

Re: SGML build

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Vince, now that SGML is building on the main server, do you want to
> point to that one now from the developers page?  Do people want me to
> keep my SGML build here?  I have it down to every 15 minutes.

Is the 15 mins on your site, the main server or both?

Vince.

Re: SGML build

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Vince, now that SGML is building on the main server, do you want to
> > > point to that one now from the developers page?  Do people want me to
> > > keep my SGML build here?  I have it down to every 15 minutes.
> >
> > Is the 15 mins on your site, the main server or both?
>
> Just my site.  I was also asking if we are going to start scheduling
> SGML builds on the server.

We can, what needs to be done?

Vince.

Re: SGML build

Дата:
> On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Vince, now that SGML is building on the main server, do you want to
> > point to that one now from the developers page?  Do people want me to
> > keep my SGML build here?  I have it down to every 15 minutes.
>
> Is the 15 mins on your site, the main server or both?

Just my site.  I was also asking if we are going to start scheduling
SGML builds on the server.

Re: SGML build

Дата:

> > > Is the 15 mins on your site, the main server or both?
> >
> > Just my site.  I was also asking if we are going to start scheduling
> > SGML builds on the server.
>
> We can, what needs to be done?

Beats me.  I can give you my script.  It is attached.

:

[ -f /tmp/pgsql_sgml ] && exit

trap "rm -f /tmp/$$ /tmp/$$a /tmp/$$b /tmp/pgsql_sgml" 0 1 2 3 15

touch /tmp/pgsql_sgml

cd /pgsgmlbuild

>/tmp/$$a

while     test "X$1" = "X-f" ||
    pgcvs update sgml 2>&1 | grep -v '\[update aborted\]' | grep -v '^?' >/tmp/$$a
do
    echo "\nBuild:  `date`" >>build.dates
    cat /tmp/$$a  >>build.dates
    echo "PostgreSQL CVS Documentation Build" >/tmp/$$
    echo "----------------------------------\n" >>/tmp/$$
    echo "Build started:  `date`" >>/tmp/$$
    gmake postgres.tar.gz 2>&1 | grep -v DTDDECL > /tmp/$$b
    echo "Build completed:  `date`\n" >>/tmp/$$
    echo "Changes in this build:" >>/tmp/$$
    cat /tmp/$$a >>/tmp/$$
    echo "\nA full copy of this documenation is at ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/postgresql-docs.tar.gz\n"
>>/tmp/$$
    if grep -qi 'error' /tmp/$$b || grep -qi ':E:' /tmp/$$b
    then    echo "\nThere were errors in this build.  They appear in red.\n" >>/tmp/$$
        cat /tmp/$$b >>/tmp/$$
    else    echo "\nBuild completed successfully." >>/tmp/$$
    fi
    pipe sed 's;HTML.manifest:;HTML.manifest :;g' /tmp/$$
    txt2html -m -s 100 -p 100 --title "PostgreSQL CVS Docs built `date`" \
    --link /u/txt2html/txt2html.dict \
    --append_head /u/txt2html/BODY /tmp/$$ >build.html
    pipe sed 's;^.*[Ee]rror.*$;<FONT COLOR="RED">&</FONT>;' build.html
    pipe sed 's;^.*:E:.*$;<FONT COLOR="RED">&</FONT>;' build.html
    rm -f /var/www/docs/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/*
    mv sgml/*.html build.html /var/www/docs/main/writings/pgsql/sgml
    cp sgml/*.css sgml/*.gif /var/www/docs/main/writings/pgsql/sgml
    cp postgres.tar.gz /pgftp/postgresql-docs.tar.gz
    gmake clean >/dev/null 2>&1
    [ "X$1" = "X-f" ] && break
done

Re: SGML build

От
Peter Eisentraut
Tom Lane writes:

> > Vince, now that SGML is building on the main server,
>
> Is there a docs-build cron job running there yet?

Yes, under my account.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: SGML build

> Tom Lane writes:

> > > Vince, now that SGML is building on the main server,
> >
> > Is there a docs-build cron job running there yet?
>
> Yes, under my account.

There were errors in jdbc.sgml, causing the build to fail last night. I
am in contact with the author and I am cleaning up the jdbc tags now.