Обсуждение: Full text search

Full text search

От
"Sameer Maggon"
Дата:
hi,

  As MSSQL server supports FTS, does PostgreSQL also supports or has some external module to support FTS

Sameer

Re: Full text search

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
Hi Sameer,

There are two ways of doing full text indexing in pgsql.

1. Use the contrib/fulltextindex module.  This is fairly simple in 7.1.3
and the docs explain how to use it.  If you want to nidex muliple columns,
I suggest getting the fulltextindex module from CVS HEAD.  It will compile
against 7.1.x, but now 7.0.x.

2. Use OpenFTS.  Check out www.openfts.org (I think) or search the maling
list archives for openfts

Cheers,

Chris

 On 22 Sep 2001,
Sameer  Maggon wrote:

> hi,
>
>   As MSSQL server supports FTS, does PostgreSQL also supports or has some external module to support FTS
>
> Sameer

Re: Full text search

От
"Sameer Maggon"
Дата:
Hi,
   Can u please tell which doc explains this feature

I saw the contrib directory and the fulltextindex

Please help

Sameer

>1. Use the contrib/fulltextindex module.  This is
>fairly simple in 7.1.3
>and the docs explain how to use it.  If you want to
>nidex muliple columns,
>I suggest getting the fulltextindex module from CVS
>HEAD.  It will compile
>against 7.1.x, but now 7.0.x.

Re: Full text search

От
Roberto Mello
Дата:
On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 05:47:30PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> 2. Use OpenFTS.  Check out www.openfts.org (I think) or search the maling
> list archives for openfts

    http://openfts.sourceforge.net

    OpenFTS seems to be very very good, offering lots of juicy features,
including interfaces to other languages.
    Dan Wickstrom, from the OpenACS team (http://openacs.org) wrote the
OpenFTS interface to Tcl and AOLserver.

    -Roberto
--
+------------| Roberto Mello - http://www.brasileiro.net |------------+
Computer Science, Utah State University  -    http://www.usu.edu

Re: Full text search

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
Hi Sameer,

It's documented really in two places:

1. In the contrib/README for docs regarding to all contribs

2. In the contrib/fulltextindex/README.fti for docs regarding to fti

I suggest you might want to read/install the fulltextindex module from CVS
as it's had its documentation greatly upgraded.