Обсуждение: FAQ Update Info

FAQ Update Info

От
"Shane D."
Дата:
  In FAQ_DigitalUnix, in section 1.1.1, there is discussion about
Postgres not compiling properly under GCC.  (Yes, I've read the report
about GCC not working as well as CC ....)

  I have found after some trial and error that the actual problem is in
the configure script.  It assumes cc will be used prior to detecting (or
processing) the gcc setting.  As a result, it loads the alpha_cc
template but never loads the alpha_gcc template when gcc is selected.
One can overcome this problem by issuing the following configure option:

    --with-template=alpha_gcc

So for my system (DigitalUnix 4.0E), the configure command line is:

./configure --with-CC=gcc --width-CXX=c++ --with-template=alpha_gcc

  Shane Dawalt

--
Shane A. Dawalt                 Phone: 937.775.4089
Network Engineer, CaTS/NS       Email: shane.dawalt@wright.edu

Re: FAQ Update Info

Дата:
"Shane D." <sdawalt@millennium.wright.edu> writes:
>   I have found after some trial and error that the actual problem is in
> the configure script.  It assumes cc will be used prior to detecting (or
> processing) the gcc setting.  As a result, it loads the alpha_cc
> template but never loads the alpha_gcc template when gcc is selected.

I think this should be cleaned up in current sources (7.1beta3).  We've
restructured the template files.  Would you care to give beta3 a try
and see if the behavior is OK now?

            regards, tom lane

Re: FAQ Update Info

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Shane D. writes:

>   In FAQ_DigitalUnix, in section 1.1.1, there is discussion about
> Postgres not compiling properly under GCC.  (Yes, I've read the report
> about GCC not working as well as CC ....)

The Digital Unix FAQ is outdated.  You should ignore it in its entirety.