Обсуждение: typo correction

typo correction

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
1 Minor corrections to the current documentation (i.e. the stuff available
from postgresql.org - not sure if it also applies to 7.0.2 docs):

1) http://www.postgresql.org/docs/user/x1133.htm

(User Guide -> Data Types -> Date/Time Types)

The initial table, 3rd row ('interval'), far right column. 'mircosecond'
should be 'microsecond'.

Hmmm - I remember seeing another typo somewhere (an incorrect 'mailto' link,
IIRC), but I can't seem to track it down right now. It should be simple
enough to find with Perl or `grep` though.

Regards,

Neil Conway

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
        -- Howard Aiken

Вложения

Re: typo correction

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> The initial table, 3rd row ('interval'), far right column. 'mircosecond'
> should be 'microsecond'.

Thanks. It was still there, but it will be fixed in the main tree soon.

> Hmmm - I remember seeing another typo somewhere (an incorrect 'mailto' link,
> IIRC), but I can't seem to track it down right now. It should be simple
> enough to find with Perl or `grep` though.

Haven't found that one yet; if you stumble back across it let me know...

                     - Thomas

Re: typo correction

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Hmmm - I remember seeing another typo somewhere (an incorrect 'mailto' link,
> IIRC), but I can't seem to track it down right now. It should be simple
> enough to find with Perl or `grep` though.

I found several places scattered through the docs where mail addresses
were missing the "mailto:" field. Will be fixed in the next release...

                   - Thomas

Re: typo correction

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Please write email addresses like this in DocBook:
> | Report problems to <email>pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org</>.
> Please do *not* do this: ...

I wasn't aware that the <email> tag was available, but istm that it
doesn't actually do what I would like, which is to put a proper name
*and* an email address together. What convention should we use to do
that? The <ulink> tag does that, though depending on the style sheet it
may not do exactly what we want. One of these days I want to have a
Postgres-specific style sheet to make minor adjustments like this. I'll
play with <email> though and see what it can do...

                    - Thomas

typo correction

От
"He Weiping (Laser Henry)"
Дата:
I'v found serveral typo error when translating the doc:

in xfunc.sgml line 112: select function ... seems should be create
function ...
in pltcl.sgml line 261:CREATE TABLE mytab (num int4, modcnt int4, desc
text);
    desc shouldn't use as field name, it's key word now or maybe use
"desc" instead.
in pltcl.sgml line 404: 'queryid' seems to should be 'query' on line 392
(varlistentry)

in plsql.sgml line 138: there one extra '>' after </replaceable>.

Regards

Laser

Re: typo correction

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I'v found serveral typo error when translating the doc:

Thanks Henry. I'll fix these asap.

                  - Thomas