Обсуждение: looking for doc for ecpg

looking for doc for ecpg

От
"PICAVET REGIS"
Дата:
Hi
As i am a newbie, excuse me if this is not the right place to post this...

I would like to find a documentation for ecpg, the preprocessor for C
langage.
I am especially interrested in error message,and in more particular the
message :
"FOR UPDATE is not allowed in this CONTEXT"

I don't know where to find axplanations...

Thanks for responding

Fabrice Burghgraeve
fburghgraeve@computeretservices.com

Re: looking for doc for ecpg

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> As i am a newbie, excuse me if this is not the right place to post this...
> I would like to find a documentation for ecpg, the preprocessor for C
> langage. I am especially interrested in error message,and in more particular
> the message :
> "FOR UPDATE is not allowed in this CONTEXT"

ecpg does not have as many docs as the code author would like. There
may be one or two possibilities for more complete docs in the future,
but nothing concrete yet.

The current best way to track this down is to ask directly on the
-interfaces mailing list (which I'm cc'ing now) and to look at the
source code for ecpg and its libraries, which may not be feasible for
you.

Sorry that we do not at the moment have more written info available.
Good luck.

                      - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [INTERFACES] Re: looking for doc for ecpg

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 05:33:21AM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > As i am a newbie, excuse me if this is not the right place to post this...
> > I would like to find a documentation for ecpg, the preprocessor for C

The language is embedded SQL in C. There are other docs about this for
instance from Oracle.

> > langage. I am especially interrested in error message,and in more particular
> > the message :
> > "FOR UPDATE is not allowed in this CONTEXT"

It means that you cannot define a cursor as FOR UPDATE when using constructs
like UNION,INTERSECT oder EXCEPT. BTW the backend would refuse to accept
this statement as well.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!