Обсуждение: Changing/Specifying Data Dir to postmaster Service

Changing/Specifying Data Dir to postmaster Service

От
CSN
Дата:
I installed the postmaster service using:

cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path
/usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D /var/postgresql/data
-i" --dep cygserver --termsig INT --user postgres
--shutdown

How can I start it using another data directory?

Thanks,
CSN

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Changing/Specifying Data Dir to postmaster Service

От
Mike G
Дата:
Hello,

You need to do an initdb and specify the directory you want to install /
start it in.  Of course you will have to backup your data first and then
restore the dump(s) after the initdb.

Then you must also remove the postmaster service and re-install using
the new path etc.

HTH.

Mike

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 20:24, CSN wrote:
> I installed the postmaster service using:
>
> cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path
> /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D /var/postgresql/data
> -i" --dep cygserver --termsig INT --user postgres
> --shutdown
>
> How can I start it using another data directory?
>
> Thanks,
> CSN

Re: Changing/Specifying Data Dir to postmaster Service

От
CSN
Дата:
Actually, I just stopped the service, then ran
postmaster from the command line with a different -D
directory. I just needed to access an old data dir to
export/import.

CSN