Обсуждение: Basic phpPgAdmin Questions

Basic phpPgAdmin Questions

От
"Daniel Secomb"
Дата:
Hi,

I'm new to phpPgAdmin and I have some very simple questions. (If there is a tutorial where all these questions are already answered, then I would really appreciate if somebody could send me the link to that tutorial.)

1. I am running PostgreSQL (7.4.3.1) on Cygwin (1.5.10-3) on my machine which is running Windows 98 SE. Do I install phpPgAdmin in Cygwin (Linux emulation program) or in Windows? If I have to install it in Cygwin, then which directory folder do I place all the installation files? Is it 'bin', 'etc', 'home', 'lib', 'tmp', 'usr' or 'var' or do I create my own directory to place the files?

2. For phpPgAdmin to work with PostgreSQL (7.4.3.1) on Cygwin (1.5.10-3), does it require PHP installed in Cygwin as well? And if so, which directory folder do the PHP installation files go in?

3. For phpPgAdmin to work properly, the 'php.ini' usually goes in the OS directory (i.e. Windows). Which directory does the 'php.ini' file go in Cygwin???

As I said before, I'm a newbie to phpPgAdmin and PostgreSQL and some questions I'm asking may not make any sense or may be irrelevant.

Any help will be warmly welcomed!!!!

Kind Regards,

Daniel Secomb
Creative Director
DS Design
ABN 33 721 455 978
PO Box 4540,
Lake Haven NSW 2263
Australia
[p] +61 2 4393 6305
[f] +61 2 4393 6306
[m] +61414 571 500
mailto:dan@ds-d.com
http://www.ds-d.com/

Take a look at our latest web development project: http://www.specialfx.com.au/

From the US, UK or Europe? Why not take advantage of the weaker Australian dollar? Click the following link http://www.xe.com/ucc/ for a currency conversion and find out how much you'll save!!

The material contained in this email may be confidential, and may also be the subject of copyright and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please advise the sender and delete the document.

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual relationship between DS Design and you. Internet communications are not secure and accordingly DS Design does not accept any legal liability for the contents of this message.

Please note that neither DS Design nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachments.

Re: Basic phpPgAdmin Questions

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Monday 02 August 2004 09:43, Daniel Secomb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to phpPgAdmin and I have some very simple questions. (If there is a
> tutorial where all these questions are already answered, then I would
> really appreciate if somebody could send me the link to that tutorial.)
>
> 1. I am running PostgreSQL (7.4.3.1) on Cygwin (1.5.10-3) on my machine
> which is running Windows 98 SE. Do I install phpPgAdmin in Cygwin (Linux
> emulation program) or in Windows? If I have to install it in Cygwin, then
> which directory folder do I place all the installation files? Is it 'bin',
> 'etc', 'home', 'lib', 'tmp', 'usr' or 'var' or do I create my own directory
> to place the files?
>
> 2. For phpPgAdmin to work with PostgreSQL (7.4.3.1) on Cygwin (1.5.10-3),
> does it require PHP installed in Cygwin as well? And if so, which directory
> folder do the PHP installation files go in?
>
> 3. For phpPgAdmin to work properly, the 'php.ini' usually goes in the OS
> directory (i.e. Windows). Which directory does the 'php.ini' file go in
> Cygwin???
>
> As I said before, I'm a newbie to phpPgAdmin and PostgreSQL and some
> questions I'm asking may not make any sense or may be irrelevant.
>
> Any help will be warmly welcomed!!!!

If you spent as much time reading the INSTALL file as I did reading your sig
text I think it would all make sense... you need to install php into a
webserver (usually apache) and then install phppgadmin into the webserver. it
operates independant of the postgresql server itself, so being on cigwyn will
make no difference to phppgadmin.
--
Robert Treat
Build A Better Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

Re: Basic phpPgAdmin Questions

От
"Daniel Secomb"
Дата:
Hi Robert,

You mean I don't have to install phpPgAdmin, PHP and Apache into Cygwin? I can install them on Windows and phpPgAdmin
can'talk' or 'communicate' some how to PostgreSQL in Cygwin??? If that's true, that could be the best news I've heard
inweeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess my next question is, how do I get phpPgAdmin to communicate to PostgreSQL in Cygwin?

If this is all true I swear I will LICK THE PATH THAT YOU WALK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan