Обсуждение: Problems compiling PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1 under Win98

Problems compiling PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1 under Win98

От
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
Дата:
  Hi everybody,

I'm having some problems compiling PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1 under Win98,
when the gcc is compiling the pg_sema.c in the src/backend/port
directory gcc exit with error.
There are lots of warnings about undeclered stuff (like
IpcSemaphoreGetValue) and a message in the end saying: "Storage size of
'sops' insn't known"
I'm compiling because I need the libpostgres.a file to build some
extensions, is there any other way of doing that?
Please, somebody help me.

Thanks in advance,

--
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
diogo@ikono.com.br

Re: Problems compiling PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1 under Win98

От
"Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print"

I can compile the latest version on win98se
I'll send you my libpostgres.a if you offlist
(I can send you the entire source tree if you need it)
I'm not sure if I need identical configure options to you or not, if so tell me your configure options and I will recompile.

- Stuart
P.S. Sorry for the format mangling - beyond my control :(

DISCLAIMER:The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.

Re: Problems compiling PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1 under Win98

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Diogo,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:08:37PM -0300, Diogo de Oliveira Biazus wrote:
> I'm having some problems compiling PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1 under Win98,
> when the gcc is compiling the pg_sema.c in the src/backend/port
> directory gcc exit with error.
> There are lots of warnings about undeclered stuff (like
> IpcSemaphoreGetValue) and a message in the end saying: "Storage size of
> 'sops' insn't known"
> I'm compiling because I need the libpostgres.a file to build some
> extensions, is there any other way of doing that?
> Please, somebody help me.

I'm back from vacation.  Have you solved your build problems yet?  Did
Tom Lane's suggestion about cygipc help?

Jason

Re: Problems compiling PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1 under Win98

От
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
Дата:
Jason Tishler wrote:

>I'm back from vacation.  Have you solved your build problems yet?  Did
>Tom Lane's suggestion about cygipc help?

I've already solved my problem. The problem was not the cygipc, since I
had it already installed, but there were some missing .h files.
Thanks.

My regards,

--
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus