Обсуждение: Upgrading to 7.3.1 problem

Upgrading to 7.3.1 problem

От
Vernon Wu
Дата:
I am working on upgrading PostgreSQL from 7.2.1 to 7.3.1 on Windows. On the second installation step, I run into the
following problem.

$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data/
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//base... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//global... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data//base/1... IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17,
03600) failed: Function not implemented

initdb failed.

Is the package I download incomplete? Or something else?

Thanks for your helps.

Vernon

Re: Upgrading to 7.3.1 problem

От
"George Weaver"
Дата:
Vernon,

Have you upgraded Cygipc to the latest version as well?  If not, upgrade to
1.13.2 and make sure its running before trying initdb.

George

> I am working on upgrading PostgreSQL from 7.2.1 to 7.3.1 on Windows. On
the second installation step, I run into the
> following problem.
>
> $ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data/
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
>
> Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/... ok
> creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//base... ok
> creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//global... ok
> creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//pg_xlog... ok
> creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data//pg_clog... ok
> creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data//base/1...
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17,
> 03600) failed: Function not implemented
>
> initdb failed.
>
> Is the package I download incomplete? Or something else?
>
> Thanks for your helps.
>
> Vernon

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Upgrading to 7.3.1 problem

От
Vernon Wu
Дата:
George,

Thanks for your information.

I, however, can't see th cygipc package in the Cypwin setup window. Which category it is in?

19/01/2003 4:24:54 AM, "George Weaver" <georgew1@mts.net> wrote:

>Vernon,
>
>Have you upgraded Cygipc to the latest version as well?  If not, upgrade to
>1.13.2 and make sure its running before trying initdb.
>
>George

Oliver Vecernik
Дата:
Vernon Wu schrieb:
> George,
>
> Thanks for your information.
>
> I, however, can't see th cygipc package in the Cypwin setup window. Which category it is in?

It's available as a separate package from:

http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/

HTH
Oliver

Re: Upgrading to 7.3.1 problem

От
Vernon Wu
Дата:
Thanks Oliver. Now, how I shall handle the bz2 file type? And the installation directory is /usr/bin, isn't it?

19/01/2003 11:09:43 AM, Oliver Vecernik <vecernik@aon.at> wrote:

>Vernon Wu schrieb:
>> George,
>>
>> Thanks for your information.
>>
>> I, however, can't see th cygipc package in the Cypwin setup window. Which category it is in?
>
>It's available as a separate package from:
>
>http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/
>
>HTH
>Oliver

Re: Upgrading to 7.3.1 problem

От
Oliver Vecernik
Дата:
Vernon Wu schrieb:
> Thanks Oliver. Now, how I shall handle the bz2 file type? And the installation directory is /usr/bin, isn't it?

As written on the homepage:

# cygipc-1.13-2.tar.bz2

     * 84005 bytes
     * 2215fdee81448c1e1c7adb8121270c23 *cygipc-1.13-2.tar.bz2
* binary - unpacks from / into /usr/local

Put it into / and untar it with:

tar xvfj cygipc-1.13-2.tar.bz2

and read the docs!

Oliver