Обсуждение: Re: [BUGS] resource leak in 7.2

Re: [BUGS] resource leak in 7.2

От
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP"
Дата:
There was a cygwin postgresql 7.1.3-2 release to fix a file handle problem
(init_rels() not closing pg_internal.init):
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2002-01/msg00034.php
which refers to:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2002-01/msg00029.php
Maybe this is it?
- Stuart

Re: [BUGS] resource leak in 7.2

Дата:
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall@westcountrypublications.co.uk> writes:
> There was a cygwin postgresql 7.1.3-2 release to fix a file handle problem
> (init_rels() not closing pg_internal.init):
> Maybe this is it?

No, because (a) that problem is also fixed in 7.2, and (b) that was
only responsible for leaking one file handle per backend launch,
not 1.5e6 handles...

            regards, tom lane