Обсуждение: postgresql on win2k

postgresql on win2k

От
"dave"
Дата:
Hello,
    I'm trying to get postgresql 7.1.3 running on win2k. I'm running cygwin
1.3.2, win2ksp2, and i'm using the prepackaged pgsql. I've got two
questions, possibly related. I'm starting sshd via cygrunsrv and i've set
it's type to automatic in 2k service manager, yet it doesn't start, if i
start it manually it loads fine. This may or may not be related to the pgsql
problem, whenever i try to start it i get an error 1069. Now when i was
installing pgsql as a service it did ask for the postgres username/password,
which i supplied, any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

Re: postgresql on win2k

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Dave,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:30:26PM -0500, dave wrote:
> Hello,
> This may or may not be related to the pgsql
> problem, whenever i try to start it i get an error 1069. Now when i was
> installing pgsql as a service it did ask for the postgres username/password,
> which i supplied, any suggestions appreciated.

    $ fgrep 1069 /usr/include/w32api/winerror.h
    #define ERROR_SERVICE_LOGON_FAILED 1069L

So, either the username/password combination is not correct or the
account does not have the privileges to start a service.  See the
README for details:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.3.README

Jason

Re: postgresql on win2k

От
"dave"
Дата:
Hello,
    Thanks for the reply. A slight oversight on my part, i recreated the
postgres user, but neglected to give it the log on as a service right. I did
that, and tried to start postmaster again. Now i'm getting:
the postmaster service could not be started.
the service did not report an error
more help is available by typing net helpmsg 3534
i type net helpmsg 3534, and the information it displays is not helpful.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

Re: postgresql on win2k

От
"Gerrit P. Haase"
Дата:
Hallo dave,

Am 2001-12-06 um 21:23 schriebst du:

> Hello,
>     Thanks for the reply. A slight oversight on my part, i recreated the
> postgres user, but neglected to give it the log on as a service right. I did
> that, and tried to start postmaster again. Now i'm getting:
> the postmaster service could not be started.
> the service did not report an error
> more help is available by typing net helpmsg 3534
> i type net helpmsg 3534, and the information it displays is not helpful.
>     Any suggestions appreciated.

I have similar problems.  I created all as stated in the README and was able
to run postmaster as service then.
Now after several reboots I'm getting the same error as you described above.
I'm having this behaviour on two different machines, both work well at the
beginning  but now...

I looked in the archives but all I found didn't help.
One suggestion was: "I believe it is an old pid file..."
Note the spelling: 'believe', no word where the pid file is.
I found one which looks like an old pidd file, deleted it, no way
still no postmaster service running.

So it seems there are problems and there are no answers.
Is there a FAQ somewhere?

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Why?

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--
=^..^=

Re: postgresql on win2k

От
"Gerrit P. Haase"
Дата:
Hallo Gerrit,

Am 2001-12-09 um 16:18 me wrote:

> One suggestion was: "I believe it is an old pid file..."

It seems I need to revoke my last email.  I found an old pid file here too
and after deleting it the service runs again.  Is there an option to force
postmaster to clobber this pidfile?  I think this is a bug!  If postmaster
service gets killed and not stopped, the pid file isn't deleted and it
happens quite often that my daughter turns off the power of my PC, so it
should be possible to start the service again without manually deleting
the pidfile.

But that doesn't explain the problems at my other machine because I deleted
an old pidfile there too and the service still refused to run.

>> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

> Why?

Because the postmaster.pid file isn't deleted.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--
=^..^=

Re: postgresql on win2k

От
"dave"
Дата:
Hello to all,
    Still no good on the postmaster service. I didn't find an old .pid file,
and still no starting service.
Dave.