Обсуждение: CYGwin Installation on windows.

CYGwin Installation on windows.

От
Keith Quint
Дата:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have tried to install PostgreSQL on my Laptop as well as my App Server.
Whilst the installation was fine on my App Server, Windows 2000 is proving a
little more difficult.

I have installed the latest version of cygwin and have Microsoft Visual C++
version 6.0 installed. However, I can't for the life of me get the
'configure' script to pick up the compiler or get the nmake /f option to
work either. Is there something obvious I have missed?

Regards
Keith Quint

Re: CYGwin Installation on windows.

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Keith,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 10:24:59AM -0000, Keith Quint wrote:
> Is there something obvious I have missed?

The pre-built PostgreSQL 7.1.3 that is part of the standard Cygwin
distribution:

    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2001/msg00102.html

Jason

Re: CYGwin Installation on windows.

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Keith,

Please keep the replies on-list for the archvies...

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 02:27:21PM -0000, Keith Quint wrote:
> When I installed Cygwin, I did so from the Internet and did not download all
> the binaries first. The installation I have does not have a /usr/local/pgsql
> directory. I will download the binaries and try again. Does this really make
> all the difference?

No.  When you configure without specifying --prefix then the installation
will default to /usr/local/pgsql.  I configured with --prefix=/usr as
dictated by the standard Cygwin distribution requirements.

> These notes look fairly substantial so I hope all goes well.

You may also want to peruse the README:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.3.README

Jason

Re: CYGwin Installation on windows.

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Keith,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 10:08:47AM -0000, Keith Quint wrote:
> I have downloaded the binaries and initialised and created a sample
> database.
>
> However, it was late and although I could create a table, insert values etc,
> I could not seem to select anything from it. Whenever, i tried to select
> anything ( Select * from <tableName>;) I got the following:
>
>     'less: not found'

Install the less package from a Cygwin mirror.

Jason