Обсуждение:

roypgsqlcygwin@xemaps.com
Дата:
look at cygrunsrv to setup any cygwin applications on nt/win200 as a
service.

Remember to create a user that has acess to networks, the default
service user doesn't have network access.

Also remember to install cygipc, if you haven't already done so.  cygipc
can also be installed as a service, the program comes with commands to
do this already.  Actually, I don't know why I have to install it, none
of the instructions I have read have explained what cygipc does and what
its for (though I'm pretty certain if I knew more about unix I'd
understand)

Been running it on my dev machine for a few days now.  Haven't done
anything major with it yet.

Roy.

Re: new install

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 01:09:18PM -0400, roypgsqlcygwin@xemaps.com wrote:
> look at cygrunsrv to setup any cygwin applications on nt/win200 as a
> service.

The cygrunsrv README file:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README

has an example of how to run postmaster as an NT service:

    cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D /usr/share/postgresql/data -i" --dep
ipc-daemon--termsig INT --user postgresql --shutdown

Note that you will need to be running a recent Cygwin snapshot to get a
clean shutdown when NT shuts down.

> Remember to create a user that has acess to networks, the default
> service user doesn't have network access.

I would recommend running under "postgres" which is the standard account
name used under Unix too.

> Also remember to install cygipc, if you haven't already done so.  cygipc
> can also be installed as a service, the program comes with commands to
> do this already.  Actually, I don't know why I have to install it, none
> of the instructions I have read have explained what cygipc does and what
> its for (though I'm pretty certain if I knew more about unix I'd
> understand)

cygipc provides System V IPC for Cygwin.  PostgreSQL is dependent on
System V IPC and will hang under Cygwin without it (i.e., ipc-daemon
must be running).

Jason