Обсуждение: pgsql: Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.

pgsql: Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.

Дата:
Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.

The short-lived event trigger in the rowsecurity test causes irreproducible
failures when the concurrent tests do something that the event trigger
can't cope with.  Per buildfarm.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/7161b082bd9fc51e67a1031ea9d0313e8a48286b

Modified Files
--------------
src/test/regress/parallel_schedule |    7 +++++--
src/test/regress/serial_schedule   |    2 +-

Re: pgsql: Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.
>
> The short-lived event trigger in the rowsecurity test causes irreproducible
> failures when the concurrent tests do something that the event trigger
> can't cope with.  Per buildfarm.

Ah, so this explains the failures.

I wonder if it'd be better to remove the event trigger bits from that
test, and put them (if we really need them) in the event_trigger test.

Re: pgsql: Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.
>>
>> The short-lived event trigger in the rowsecurity test causes irreproducible
>> failures when the concurrent tests do something that the event trigger
>> can't cope with.  Per buildfarm.

> Ah, so this explains the failures.

> I wonder if it'd be better to remove the event trigger bits from that
> test, and put them (if we really need them) in the event_trigger test.

I'd be fine with reverting this commit if Stephen wants to refactor the
rowsecurity/event_trigger tests that way.  Dunno if it makes sense to
do that though.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.
> >>
> >> The short-lived event trigger in the rowsecurity test causes irreproducible
> >> failures when the concurrent tests do something that the event trigger
> >> can't cope with.  Per buildfarm.
>
> > Ah, so this explains the failures.
>
> > I wonder if it'd be better to remove the event trigger bits from that
> > test, and put them (if we really need them) in the event_trigger test.

That makes sense to me.

> I'd be fine with reverting this commit if Stephen wants to refactor the
> rowsecurity/event_trigger tests that way.  Dunno if it makes sense to
> do that though.

I'll move the event trigger in the rowsecurity tests over to the
event_trigger test and then move the rowsecurity tests back into the
parallel group.

Please let me know if there's any concerns with this approach.

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения

Re: pgsql: Don't run rowsecurity in parallel with other regression tests.

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:

> > I'd be fine with reverting this commit if Stephen wants to refactor the
> > rowsecurity/event_trigger tests that way.  Dunno if it makes sense to
> > do that though.
>
> I'll move the event trigger in the rowsecurity tests over to the
> event_trigger test and then move the rowsecurity tests back into the
> parallel group.
>
> Please let me know if there's any concerns with this approach.

Sounds good to me, thanks.