Обсуждение: pgsql: Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup ut

pgsql: Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup ut

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup utilities.

Move some more code to manage replication connection command to
streamutil.c. A later patch will introduce replication slot via
pg_receivexlog and this avoid duplicating relevant code between
pg_receivexlog and pg_recvlogical.

Author: Michael Paquier, with some editing by me.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0c013e08cfbebd35ec982c4df15d44b521094d52

Modified Files
--------------
src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_basebackup.c  |   21 +---
src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_receivexlog.c |   38 ++-----
src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_recvlogical.c |  116 +++++----------------
src/bin/pg_basebackup/streamutil.c     |  177 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
src/bin/pg_basebackup/streamutil.h     |   11 ++

Re: pgsql: Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup ut

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
All,

* Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup utilities.
>
> Move some more code to manage replication connection command to
> streamutil.c. A later patch will introduce replication slot via
> pg_receivexlog and this avoid duplicating relevant code between
> pg_receivexlog and pg_recvlogical.

Coverity is complaining that the new Create/DropReplicatSlot functions
leak, which is technically correct (though the cases where that happens
end up being more-or-les immediate-exit cases anyway).  In any case,
here's a patch to clean up things prior to return.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Re: pgsql: Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup ut

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2014-10-05 09:49:31 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> All,
>
> * Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> > Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup utilities.
> >
> > Move some more code to manage replication connection command to
> > streamutil.c. A later patch will introduce replication slot via
> > pg_receivexlog and this avoid duplicating relevant code between
> > pg_receivexlog and pg_recvlogical.
>
> Coverity is complaining that the new Create/DropReplicatSlot functions
> leak, which is technically correct (though the cases where that happens
> end up being more-or-les immediate-exit cases anyway).  In any case,
> here's a patch to clean up things prior to return.

I can't get very excited about this - but I also have no problems fixing
it. I'm fine with you committing what you have. Or would you rather have
me do it?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: pgsql: Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup ut

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> On 2014-10-05 09:49:31 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > > Move some more code to manage replication connection command to
> > > streamutil.c. A later patch will introduce replication slot via
> > > pg_receivexlog and this avoid duplicating relevant code between
> > > pg_receivexlog and pg_recvlogical.
> >
> > Coverity is complaining that the new Create/DropReplicatSlot functions
> > leak, which is technically correct (though the cases where that happens
> > end up being more-or-les immediate-exit cases anyway).  In any case,
> > here's a patch to clean up things prior to return.
>
> I can't get very excited about this - but I also have no problems fixing
> it.

Ok, great.

> I'm fine with you committing what you have. Or would you rather have
> me do it?

I'll do it in a few hours.  I'm playing w/ pg_recvlogical. ;)

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения

Re: Re: pgsql: Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup ut

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Coverity is complaining that the new Create/DropReplicatSlot functions
> leak, which is technically correct (though the cases where that happens
> end up being more-or-les immediate-exit cases anyway).  In any case,
> here's a patch to clean up things prior to return.
Oops. Thanks for spotting that.
--
Michael

Re: pgsql: Refactor replication connection code of various pg_basebackup ut

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> I can't get very excited about this - but I also have no problems fixing
> it. I'm fine with you committing what you have. Or would you rather have
> me do it?

Done.

    Thanks!

        Stephen