Обсуждение: pgsql: Fix "quiet inline" configure test for newer clang compilers.

pgsql: Fix "quiet inline" configure test for newer clang compilers.

Дата:
Fix "quiet inline" configure test for newer clang compilers.

This test used to just define an unused static inline function and check
whether that causes a warning.  But newer clang versions warn about
unused static inline functions when defined inside a .c file, but not
when defined in an included header, which is the case we care about.
Change the test to cope.

Andres Freund

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4c8aa8b5aea1e032f569222d4b6c1019e84622dc

Modified Files
--------------
config/c-compiler.m4        |   15 +++++++++++++--
config/test_quiet_include.h |    5 +++++
configure                   |    2 +-

Re: pgsql: Fix "quiet inline" configure test for newer clang compilers.

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2014-05-01 20:16:48 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
> Fix "quiet inline" configure test for newer clang compilers.

Since it doesn't seem to have caused any problems I think this should be
backpatched.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: pgsql: Fix "quiet inline" configure test for newer clang compilers.

Дата:
> On 2014-05-01 20:16:48 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Fix "quiet inline" configure test for newer clang compilers.

> Since it doesn't seem to have caused any problems I think this should be
> backpatched.

Hearing no objections, done.

            regards, tom lane