Обсуждение: pgsql: Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

pgsql: Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

Noted by Joe Van Dyk

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1cc43979cf44db0b3da77e34493689fe13484fa0

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/ref/pg_dump.sgml |    3 ++-
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c     |   18 ++++++++++++++++++

Re: pgsql: Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2013-01-25 08:49:10 +0000, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves
>
> This missed the fact that there is no ExecuteSqlQueryForSingleRow and
> surroundign infrastructure.

Ugh, that's what I get for pushing something just before getting on a
plane. Thanks for spotting.

Fix looks good, except I'd just put the query text inline in PQexec()
and not bother with a separate variable..

Unfortunately, the wifi at this airport refuses to let me push through
ssh, and I don't really have the time to get the tunnels properly set
up before my next flight. If another commiter could pick that one up
and just push it (9.1 branch only), I'd appreciate it!

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: pgsql: Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2013-01-25 13:56:11 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> >
>> > This missed the fact that there is no ExecuteSqlQueryForSingleRow and
>> > surroundign infrastructure.
>>
>> Ugh, that's what I get for pushing something just before getting on a
>> plane. Thanks for spotting.
>>
>> Fix looks good, except I'd just put the query text inline in PQexec()
>> and not bother with a separate variable..
>
> The query needs to get passed to check_sql_result and write_msg as well,
> thats why I added the extra variable.

Ahh, gotcha.

> I don't think my -committers post got through (seems to be restricted),
> so I am CCing -hackers so somebody else can see the patch.

Ok! I just talked to Robert, and he's taking a look at it for me.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: pgsql: Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> Ugh, that's what I get for pushing something just before getting on a
>>> plane. Thanks for spotting.
>>>
>>> Fix looks good, except I'd just put the query text inline in PQexec()
>>> and not bother with a separate variable..
>>
>> The query needs to get passed to check_sql_result and write_msg as well,
>> thats why I added the extra variable.
>
> Ahh, gotcha.
>

>> I don't think my -committers post got through (seems to be restricted),
>> so I am CCing -hackers so somebody else can see the patch.
>
> Ok! I just talked to Robert, and he's taking a look at it for me.

Committed.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgsql: Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2013-01-25 08:49:10 +0000, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

This missed the fact that there is no ExecuteSqlQueryForSingleRow and
surroundign infrastructure.

Fix attached.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: pgsql: Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2013-01-25 13:56:11 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > On 2013-01-25 08:49:10 +0000, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> Make pg_dump exclude unlogged table data on hot standby slaves
> >
> > This missed the fact that there is no ExecuteSqlQueryForSingleRow and
> > surroundign infrastructure.
>
> Ugh, that's what I get for pushing something just before getting on a
> plane. Thanks for spotting.
>
> Fix looks good, except I'd just put the query text inline in PQexec()
> and not bother with a separate variable..

The query needs to get passed to check_sql_result and write_msg as well,
thats why I added the extra variable.

I don't think my -committers post got through (seems to be restricted),
so I am CCing -hackers so somebody else can see the patch.

Andres