Обсуждение: pgsql: Add DISCARD to the command_no_begin list for AUTOCOMMIT=off.

pgsql: Add DISCARD to the command_no_begin list for AUTOCOMMIT=off.

От
Itagaki Takahiro
Дата:
Add DISCARD to the command_no_begin list for AUTOCOMMIT=off.
Backpatch to 8.3.

Reported by Sergey Burladyan.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=d08c698d9d47f9d004fd0bb6212ca80259e2fe9c

Modified Files
--------------
src/bin/psql/common.c |    3 +++

Re: pgsql: Add DISCARD to the command_no_begin list for AUTOCOMMIT=off.

Дата:
Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> writes:
> Add DISCARD to the command_no_begin list for AUTOCOMMIT=off.

This patch appears incorrect to me.  Only the DISCARD ALL variant is
prohibited inside BEGIN, so why is it making all variants of DISCARD
autocommittable?

The DROP coding immediately above is a model for how to deal with
two-word commands.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Add DISCARD to the command_no_begin list for AUTOCOMMIT=off.

От
Itagaki Takahiro
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> writes:
>> Add DISCARD to the command_no_begin list for AUTOCOMMIT=off.
>
> This patch appears incorrect to me.  Only the DISCARD ALL variant is
> prohibited inside BEGIN, so why is it making all variants of DISCARD
> autocommittable?
>
> The DROP coding immediately above is a model for how to deal with
> two-word commands.

Oops, thanks. I'll fix it.

--
Itagaki Takahiro