Обсуждение: pgsql-server/src/bin/initdb Makefile

pgsql-server/src/bin/initdb Makefile

От
tgl@svr1.postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    tgl@svr1.postgresql.org    03/11/13 16:30:37

Modified files:
    src/bin/initdb : Makefile

Log message:
    Silly to copy sprompt.c from src/port when we're linking libpgport anyway.

Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/initdb Makefile

Tom Lane wrote:
> CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
> Module name:    pgsql-server
> Changes by:    tgl@svr1.postgresql.org    03/11/13 16:30:37
>
> Modified files:
>     src/bin/initdb : Makefile
>
> Log message:
>     Silly to copy sprompt.c from src/port when we're linking libpgport anyway.

The style has always been to compile in each app in case the flags
change, or is that only for libpq?

Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/initdb Makefile

> >     Silly to copy sprompt.c from src/port when we're linking libpgport anyway.
>
> The style has always been to compile in each app in case the flags
> change, or is that only for libpq?

Never mind --- I see we are not using pgport consistently now and not
using symlinks.

Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/initdb Makefile

Дата:
>> Silly to copy sprompt.c from src/port when we're linking libpgport anyway.

> The style has always been to compile in each app in case the flags
> change, or is that only for libpq?

libpq needs to build these modules PIC, but a simple executable does
not.  The whole notion of building libpgport as a library is wrong
if you want to recompile in each app.

            regards, tom lane