Обсуждение: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/reference.sgml oc/sr ...

pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/reference.sgml oc/sr ...

От
momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/12/05 22:43:37

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : reference.sgml
    doc/src/sgml/ref: allfiles.sgml
    src/backend/catalog: dependency.c pg_constraint.c pg_type.c
    src/backend/commands: cluster.c typecmds.c
    src/backend/executor: execQual.c
    src/backend/nodes: copyfuncs.c equalfuncs.c
    src/backend/parser: gram.y parse_expr.c
    src/backend/tcop: postgres.c utility.c
    src/include/catalog: pg_type.h
    src/include/commands: defrem.h
    src/include/nodes: nodes.h parsenodes.h
    src/test/regress: resultmap
    src/test/regress/expected: domain.out
    src/test/regress/sql: domain.sql
Removed files:
    doc/src/sgml/ref: alter_domain.sgml

Log message:
    Back out ALTER DOMAIN patch until missing file appears.

Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/reference.sgml oc/sr ...

Дата:
momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
>     Back out ALTER DOMAIN patch until missing file appears.

not to mention

>    Back out V6 code, caused postmaster startup failure.

Bruce, I know I've said this before, but I'm going to complain again:
please test patches, particularly large ones, BEFORE you commit 'em,
not after.  This sort of CVS thrashing gets in the way of other
developers, who have to contend with unnecessary merge work.
It's not helping Marc's disk-space and bandwidth budgets, either.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/reference.sgml oc/sr ...

Дата:
Am I hearing you want the job?   How often does this happen that you
feel the need to complain again, publically?

Tom Lane wrote:
> momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
> >     Back out ALTER DOMAIN patch until missing file appears.
>
> not to mention
>
> >    Back out V6 code, caused postmaster startup failure.
>

> Bruce, I know I've said this before, but I'm going to complain again:
> please test patches, particularly large ones, BEFORE you commit 'em,
> not after.  This sort of CVS thrashing gets in the way of other
> developers, who have to contend with unnecessary merge work.
> It's not helping Marc's disk-space and bandwidth budgets, either.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/reference.sgml oc/sr ...

Дата:
I am testing a new method for applying patches. Basically, I have test
script that does:

    . /etc/profile
    pgstop
    rm -r /u/pg/data
    pgmakeall -c &&
    aspg initdb &&
    pgstart &&
    newdb test &&
    cd /pg/test/regress &&
    gmake clean &&
    aspg gmake all runtest
    newdb test

Unfortunately, it takes quite a while to run, so I typically run it only
after I have applied a batch of patches, and usually I can clean up a
compiler warning or regression omission.  These patches were different,
and I am still trying to figure out when to run the full test script.

As it is, I have spent all day testing the IPv6 patch, and just compiled
a debug version of libc to continue testing, and I am not even done.  I
wanted to do advocacy stuff today too.  :-(