Обсуждение: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

От
Bruce Momjian - CVS
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@hub.org    01/05/17 10:59:32

Modified files:
    src/backend/access/nbtree: nbtutils.c

Log message:
    Small cleanup of spacing.

Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

Дата:
Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian@hub.org> writes:
>     Small cleanup of spacing.

Kinda pointless when pgindent is going to change it right back, eh?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

Дата:
> Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian@hub.org> writes:
> >     Small cleanup of spacing.
>
> Kinda pointless when pgindent is going to change it right back, eh?

There were empty lines around stuff:

    {

        x=1;
        y=2;
    }

Looked funny.

Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

Дата:
>> Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian@hub.org> writes:
> Small cleanup of spacing.
>>
>> Kinda pointless when pgindent is going to change it right back, eh?

> There were empty lines around stuff:

The change I was looking at was removal of a blank line just before a
comment block.  pgindent inserts those whether you want 'em or not
(one of several things I do not like about it).  The lines you removed
were in fact inserted by the last pgindent run.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

Дата:
> >> Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian@hub.org> writes:
> > Small cleanup of spacing.
> >>
> >> Kinda pointless when pgindent is going to change it right back, eh?
>
> > There were empty lines around stuff:
>
> The change I was looking at was removal of a blank line just before a
> comment block.  pgindent inserts those whether you want 'em or not
> (one of several things I do not like about it).  The lines you removed
> were in fact inserted by the last pgindent run.

Wow, that stinks.  Let me try a test.

Ewe, yes, I see that now.  A blank line is force before all comment
blocks.

It was the -bbb indent flag:

     -bbb, -nbbb     If -bbb is specified, a blank line is forced before every
                     block comment.  Default: -nbbb.

I have removed that flag from pgindent.

I guess I added =bbb that so a normal comment block had a blank line
before it.  Do you normally like a blank line before comment blocks when
there is no brace on the line above?

Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

Дата:
> >> Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian@hub.org> writes:
> > Small cleanup of spacing.
> >>
> >> Kinda pointless when pgindent is going to change it right back, eh?
>
> > There were empty lines around stuff:
>
> The change I was looking at was removal of a blank line just before a
> comment block.  pgindent inserts those whether you want 'em or not
> (one of several things I do not like about it).  The lines you removed
> were in fact inserted by the last pgindent run.

OK, I added code to remove those blank lines if the line above the
comment block is only a brace.  How is that?

Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

Дата:
> I guess I added =bbb that so a normal comment block had a blank line
> before it.  Do you normally like a blank line before comment blocks when
> there is no brace on the line above?

My feeling is that when I want a blank line between segments of code,
I put one there myself.  I don't like pgindent second-guessing human
intentions.  Its current behavior destroys the visual value of blank
lines as code segment separators, because it will arbitrarily add and
remove 'em without regard to authorial intent.

            regards, tom lane