Обсуждение: Want a routine vacuum for postgres

Want a routine vacuum for postgres

От
Richa Rathore
Дата:
hello,

As i can see when i am running some process so it is creating the file in
/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/16385/22596 which are more then 50mb . it was
doing my memory and cpu full. so can you please suggest me what will be the
better option for creating the space in memory. it is in digital ocean and
when i run VACUUM FULL command it deleted whole my data so can you help me
for routine maintain of pg data without disturbing my important data.
Thanks in advance

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Richa*
* RathoreYuvaSoft Solutions Pvt. Ltd.*

Re: Want a routine vacuum for postgres

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Richa Rathore
<richayuvasoft161@gmail.com> wrote:
> As i can see when i am running some process so it is creating the file in
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/16385/22596 which are more then 50mb . it was
> doing my memory and cpu full. so can you please suggest me what will be the
> better option for creating the space in memory. it is in digital ocean and
> when i run VACUUM FULL command it deleted whole my data so can you help me
> for routine maintain of pg data without disturbing my important data.
> Thanks in advance

This report isn't really clear enough for anybody to help you, but it
is expected that VACUUM FULL will rewrite your data in a new file.
You might find this blog post helpful:

http://rhaas.blogspot.com/2014/03/vacuum-full-doesnt-mean-vacuum-but.html

Also, this doesn't seem to be a bug report.  Ask general usage
questions on pgsql-general, not the bugs list - or contact one of the
PostgreSQL support companies for assistance.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company