Обсуждение: BUG #14132: ON CONFLICT not inferring unique index with bigints

BUG #14132: ON CONFLICT not inferring unique index with bigints

От
fiercetuba@protonmail.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      14132
Logged by:          Reynold Smith
Email address:      fiercetuba@protonmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.2
Operating system:   Linux

This fails, but change bigint to int and it works fine.

```
CREATE TABLE testtable(
  a  serial PRIMARY KEY,
  b  bigint,
  c  bigint
);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX super_unique_idx ON testtable( COALESCE(b, 0),
COALESCE(c, 0));

INSERT INTO testtable(b, c)
VALUES (1, 2)
ON CONFLICT ((COALESCE(b, 0)), (COALESCE(c, 0))) DO NOTHING;
```

Re: BUG #14132: ON CONFLICT not inferring unique index with bigints

Дата:
fiercetuba@protonmail.com writes:
> This fails, but change bigint to int and it works fine.

Looks like somebody forgot to run the ON CONFLICT list through
expression preprocessing.  Unfortunately it's too late to get
this fixed in tomorrow's releases :-(

As a workaround for this particular example, you could write either

INSERT INTO testtable(b, c)
VALUES (1, 2)
ON CONFLICT ((COALESCE(b, '0'::int8)), (COALESCE(c, '0'::int8))) DO NOTHING;

INSERT INTO testtable(b, c)
VALUES (1, 2)
ON CONFLICT ((COALESCE(b, '0')), (COALESCE(c, '0'))) DO NOTHING;

but in general there might not be any such easy solution.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #14132: ON CONFLICT not inferring unique index with bigints

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Looks like somebody forgot to run the ON CONFLICT list through
> expression preprocessing.  Unfortunately it's too late to get
> this fixed in tomorrow's releases :-(

Mea culpa. I'll write a patch to fix this soon, aimed for inclusion in
the next point release.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: BUG #14132: ON CONFLICT not inferring unique index with bigints

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Mea culpa. I'll write a patch to fix this soon, aimed for inclusion in
> the next point release.

Looks like you've done so already. Thanks.

--
Peter Geoghegan