Обсуждение: BUG #13838: Problem in a table with integer primary key

BUG #13838: Problem in a table with integer primary key

От
ronan.vargas@gmail.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      13838
Logged by:          Ronan Lima Vargas
Email address:      ronan.vargas@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.14
Operating system:   Windows

I'm using pgAdmin 1.20 for running some queries in my database. The
following error is occurring:

- Given a table (CLIENT) with a integer key (CLIENT_COD), when I run the
query:

select * from client where client_cod = 1

It doesn't return ANY row.

But when I run:

select * from client where (cast client_cod as text) = '1'

It returns ONE row.

In this moment, for me it would be hard to change DB version in order to see
if it will be solved. I've already tried to run an UPDATE, setting the same
CLIENT_COD, but it didn't work.

Re: BUG #13838: Problem in a table with integer primary key

От
Feike Steenbergen
Дата:
Could you do an explain analyze of both of these statements? It may help in
understanding the issue.

If it's a primary key, I assume the first query to be using the primary key
The second variant will probably be a sequential scan on the table.

If these give different results, it may be a corrupt index, you could try
to reindex the specific index or the table, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-reindex.html

Re: BUG #13838: Problem in a table with integer primary key

От
Ronan Vargas
Дата:
Hi Feike,
It was a corrupt index. We ran "reindex" under CLIENTS table and the
problem was solved.

Thank you very much for help!

Att,
Ronan.